SPECIAL EVENT – Live-Fire Advanced Training
- Open to ADTA members with Safe Shooter certifications.
- You must register and prepay to attend.
- Please plan on arriving 15 minutes early to check in!
- VENUE: Federal Way Indoor Range
Click here to see videos from our Live-Fire Training Events!
You don't want to miss this special event – it's the big one you've been asking for! This extended three-hour event promises to exercise all your defensive shooting skills, and perhaps help you learn a few more!
Shotgun: manipulation and home clearing
- Bring your own shotgun or use one of the instructors’
- SLUGS ONLY (ammo available for purchase at the event/shop)
- Pistol: Clearing home invasion with pistol
- Slicing the pie
Active Shooter Engagement - Advancing on the threat
- Individual movement to contact
- Engaging the threat among friendlies
- Creating Space
- Hammered pairs, controlled pairs, zipper strings, use of fire to cover movement.
Car: While inside, While outside
- Presenting to driver side
- Presenting to passenger side
- Using cover while outside
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required to participate
We cannot accept registrations or payment at the door for this event.
In addition to your eye and ear protection, all participants need to bring their own semi-auto handgun, strong-side muzzle-down belt holster, at least two magazine belt pouches, at least two magazines.
If you have them, also bring your own shotgun (slugs only) and tactical rifle (AR, AK, or pistol caliber). We will have shotguns and rifles available for your use. But please supply your own ammunition.
- Pistol – 200 rounds
- Rifle – 30 rounds
- Shotgun – 20 rounds (slugs only).
- Please note that Sportsman's Warehouse in Federal Way has a limited supply of low-recoil 12-gauge slug ammo.
- Also note that FW Indoor Range sells all needed ammo at reasonable prices.
For more information check out our ADTA Shooter's Checklist.
Firearm Safety Protocol
This protocol must be followed for everyone's safety. ADTA Range Safety Officers (RSOs) will be present to check you in at the door.
- If you have a CPL and normally carry, you may arrive with your firearm loaded and holstered. Event staff will direct you where and when to unload and re-holster your UNLOADED firearm at the start of the event. At the conclusion of the event, event staff will direct you to reload and holster.
- If you do not carry, please arrive with your firearm unloaded and cased. Event staff will direct you where and when to uncase and transfer your UNLOADED firearm to your holster.