Presented by ADTA Everett:
Women's Self Defense
FREE HANDS-ON WORKSHOP—Open to ADTA members, friends, family, and the public.
Please RSVP to let us know you will be there!
VENUE: American Legion Hall Post 127, Woodinville, WA 98072
Originally, this workshop was called "Hand-To-Hand Self-Defense”. We changed the title to Women's Self-Defense, but in reality, it is all the same. There is no difference between women's self-defense and men's self-defense. Self-Defense is not gender specific. However calling it Women's Self-Defense is a good marketing means to get more ladies involved in learning how to protect themselves and since the ADTA is in the Self Protection business, we will just call it Women's Self Defense!
Certain establishments such as bars, Federal Buildings (even Post Offices) will not allow you to carry a firearm. If you are in a confrontation in these places, do you know what to do? You might find yourself in a situation that would require you to defend yourself but it might not be to the level that requires deadly force. If the only tool you have is a hammer then every problem is a nail! Hand-to-Hand skills are some extra tools for your toolbox. Come to the meeting and be prepared for some light physical contact, as you will learn to use your natural weapons in “close quarter encounters”.
Firearm Safety Protocol:
ADTA Range Safety Officers (RSOs) will be present to check you in at the door.
- If you are a concealed pistol license holder, you are of course welcome to do so responsibly at our events.
- At most of our workshops we encourage our attendees to actively participate in exercises or scenarios.
- For everyone's safety, we require that active workshop participants not be carrying a loaded firearm.
- If you are participating in the workshop, you may also secure and lock your own firearm in your vehicle prior to entering the workshop venue.
- For everyone's safety, handling of firearms is not permitted during ADTA workshop events except by the supervised, specific direction of an ADTA official.
- Our ADTA Range Safety Officers will be present to help all attendees unload and clear any firearms prior to participating.
- This protocol must be followed for everyone's safety.
Have a question about ADTA membership, events, or activities? Many ADTA members are available both before and after the presentation to help. Just look for our members wearing ADTA hats and shirts.