Presented by ADTA Everett:
FREE HANDS-ON WORKSHOP—Open to ADTA members, friends, family, and the public.
Please RSVP to let us know you will be there!
VENUE: American Legion Hall Post 127, Woodinville, WA 98072
An individual is approaching you aggressively, with unclear intent. You're carrying a firearm. What do you do?
This isn't just an exercise; participants in our workshop will be individually armed with a SIRT laser training pistol and introduced into a one-on-one scenario with ADTA members and instructors playing supporting roles, some armed with training pistols as well. Once the scenario starts, how you react matters. Knowing when to shoot and when not to shoot are equally important skills, as are your options from position to voice to hands to tools to awareness. Being put in a semi-realistic scenario where you don't know what's going to happen next is one of your best opportunities for learning and self-reflection.
While individuals are pulled aside for our one-on-one scenarios, we'll be helping our main group of participants practice presentation from the holster and use of cover and positioning in a fight.
Firearm Safety Protocol:
ADTA Range Safety Officers (RSOs) will be present to check you in at the door.
- If you are a concealed pistol license holder, you are of course welcome to do so responsibly at our events.
- At most of our workshops we encourage our attendees to actively participate in exercises or scenarios.
- For everyone's safety, we require that active workshop participants not be carrying a loaded firearm.
- If you are participating in the workshop, you may also secure and lock your own firearm in your vehicle prior to entering the workshop venue.
- For everyone's safety, handling of firearms is not permitted during ADTA workshop events except by the supervised, specific direction of an ADTA official.
- Our ADTA Range Safety Officers will be present to help all attendees unload and clear any firearms prior to participating.
- This protocol must be followed for everyone's safety.
Have a question about ADTA membership, events, or activities? Many ADTA members are available both before and after the presentation to help. Just look for our members wearing ADTA hats and shirts.