PUBLIC WORKSHOP: All About Handgun Concealed Carry (Skill Building)
- Open to ADTA members, friends, family, and the public.
- Please RSVP to let us know you will be there!
- VENUE: American Legion Hall Post 127, Woodinville, WA 98072
Concealed handgun carry is legal in all 50 States. There’s a good reason for that: State lawmakers know that concealed carry prevents crime. Find out more by attending ADTA’s FREE “Concealed Carry” workshops. Carrying a gun lets you react to a life-threatening situation in seconds, rather than having to wait minutes for help.
· Gun selection
o Climate concerns, hot or cold, dressing for concealed carry
o Choice of gun, big vs small
o Size for transportation
o Size for concealment
o Show and tell, actual firearms
o Car, airplane, bus, train, walking
o Crossing state lines
o Car - police stops, storage locations, on your body, glove box, under seat, storage if not in car
o Airplane - declaring a firearm, checked bags only, in airport, ammo requirements
o Trains and buses
o Resources for travel laws
· Websites, books, phone apps
· TSA, airlines
Firearm Safety Protocol:
ADTA Range Safety Officers (RSOs) will be present to check you in at the door.
This protocol must be followed for everyone's safety.
- If you are a concealed pistol license holder, you are of course welcome to do so responsibly at our events.
- At most of our workshops we encourage our attendees to actively participate in exercises or scenarios.
- For everyone's safety, we require that active workshop participants not be carrying a loaded firearm.
- For everyone's safety, handling of firearms is not permitted during ADTA workshop events except by the supervised, specific direction of an ADTA official.
- Our ADTA Range Safety Officers will be present to help all attendees unload and clear any firearms prior to participating.
- If you are participating in the workshop, you may also secure and lock your own firearm in your vehicle prior to entering the workshop venue.
Have a question about ADTA membership, events, or activities? Many ADTA members are available both before and after the presentation to help. Just look for our members wearing ADTA hats and shirts.