The Armed Defense Training Association
- We promote the safe and ongoing development of responsible self-defense skills.
- We organize regular events (including live-fire, no-fire, interactive demonstrations, seminars, and social outreach events) to build interest in responsible self-defense and to provide training opportunities for individuals to practice and improve their defensive skills and knowledge.
- We partner with local firearms range facilities to reserve areas for our exclusive use during our events, that as a group we can manage and conduct educational drills and skill exercises beyond static in-lane practice.
- We advocate to all individuals to consider their roles as rational, self-determined, law-abiding adults who may someday be required to immediately act in defense of life, either their own or their loved ones.
- We participate in our communities of family, friends, neighbors, cities, and region, for their growth and health.
About the ADTA
The Armed Defense Training Association is a non-profit, volunteer, member-led, member-instructed organization based in Federal Way, Washington state, USA (about 30 minutes south of Seattle). ADTA members are responsible, private citizens from our local community who both want to improve their preparedness should they be involved in a critical personal defense situation, and to share their skills and knowledge with their fellow members.
The ADTA is managed by an uncompensated Board of Directors, elected annually by and from our ADTA membership. The board meets on the first Thursday evening of most months; ADTA members and member guests are welcome to attend. Please contact board member Ed Streit for our next meeting time, location, and agenda.
Current ADTA board (2012):
- Mark Knapp, President, ADTA Founding Member
- Chad Hiatt, Vice President, ADTA Founding Member
- Matthew Jarvis, Secretary/Treasurer, ADTA Founding Member
- Wu Chin, ADTA Charter Member
- Dan Goede, ADTA Charter Member
- April Hiatt, ADTA Charter Member
- Ed Streit, ADTA Founding member
Current ADTA Coordinators (2012):
Coordinators are appointed by the ADTA President.
- Jerry Galland, Membership Coordinator, ADTA Founding Member
- Chad Hiatt, Events Coordinator, ADTA Founding Member
Left to Right: ADTA President Mark Knapp, ADTA Vice President Chad Hiatt, Special Guest Kyle Sumpter, ADTA Boardmember April Hiatt, ADTA Boardmember Dan Goede, ADTA Boardmember Wu Chin. Photograph by ADTA Boardmember Ed Streit. Not pictured: ADTA Boardmember Matthew Jarvis.